Friday, November 2, 2007

Seagate Sued over Industry Convention

I'd hate to be a me-too blogger and just pass the latest links around, but this news really shocked me. I mean, I know deep down in the heart of every computer user is an urge to fix this stupid industry convention, but can they really sue a company for doing the same thing as everyone else?

But really, I'm happy to see these things are changeable! What long-standing bad convention can consumers attack next? Lets pick out the biggest producer of electronics schematics we can find and sue them because electrons are negative and actually flow in the opposite direction as the "current" in their electrical diagrams. I am sure someone out there can sound confused and irate about this! Current does not flow as advertised!

Either way, I'm surprised to see Western Digital didn't take the fall here, as they seem like a more household name.

Hey (non-existant) commenters: post some bad conventions and who you'd like to sue about them.

No comments: